Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Doctrine of Election

I recently had a discussion with a friend and sister in Christ about the doctrine of election. I was trying hard to remember what I had learned about this subject some years ago when I first became aware of it, and learned that it was a topic of much debate among many Christians and especially among seminary students. Tom (my pastor) explained it to me and the Sunday school class I was in, then followed his explanation by saying that while many feverishly debate the subject, getting red faced and angry, he is contented knowing that we are saved by faith, and that it is obviously not the will of God that all of his children understand every aspect of His word. If it were, we would, and, obviously, we don't.

Having said that, and having had that discussion with my friend, I set out to relocate John MacArthur's explanation of this doctrine. I have grown to Love John and trust his teaching, verse by verse of the Scriptures. Here is a link to John MacArthur's explanation of this doctrine entitled; Is the Doctrine of Election Biblical? Take your time reading though his explaination, consider what he says along with what what you've been taught thus far and see what you think. My friend and I agree that "saved is saved" and the rest is just stuff to talk about. I suspect that when we arrive in heaven we will be made aware of so much truth that we will be constantly saying "Ohhhhhhhhhh! I get it now!!".

God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment