Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Buffalo (in Michigan)

I mostly grew up on Grosse Ile, in Michigan, an island in the Detroit River about 20 miles south of Detroit, between Trenton on the Michigan side and Amherstburg on the Canadian side. There are 2 bridges from the main land to the island. This is the north most bridge and is generally called "the toll bridge". The other one is....... yep, the free bridge. I came across this video of a freighter passing thru the open toll bridge and thought it was pretty interesting. I have not been back to Grosse Ile since I was in the Navy in 86 or 87. Watching this video makes me want to take a quick weekend trip to check out the old hood, etc.. Hope you enjoy the Buffalo as she wanders past enroute to pickup a load of iron orr.

No comments:

Post a Comment